The teenage years are a time of self awareness and discovery. We not only become more aware of the changes occurring within ourselves, but unfortunately, also begin to measure ourselves against our peers. We become more conscious about our clothes, appearance, weight, not forgetting the intense pressure to achieve the grades which, according to society, shape our ambitions and future.
All this internal turmoil is perfect breeding ground for acne vulgaris or pimples, as we normally call it. You may wonder at this point, isn't acne a result of overactive glands, build-up of bacteria and dead skin? Yes. But this is only one side of the story.
We must appreciate the fact that all physical problems stem from an underlying emotional or mental disturbance. Once the conflict on these subtler planes is cleared, the physical problem will automatically melt away. This aspect of disease is explained very well in the Science of Metaphysics.
With this in mind, acne is actually a physical manifestation of "self dislike" or an inability to accept ourselves the way we are. This emotion is perfect soil for the development of acne, which is literally an "outburst" (of self-disapproval) on the skin.
I suffered from severe acne during my adolescent years. Until I changed my perception of myself, my skin did not clear.
It is very likely that a teenager with severe acne is grappling with self disapproval, the most common reasons being grades or relationships. Until I get As in all my subjects, I am not good enough. Until I have a boyfriend or girlfriend, I am not good enough. Until I lose all this weight, I am not good enough. These are some of the most common thought patterns seen in teenagers with skin problems.
There are some excellent Tissue salts and Bach Flower remedies that are not just effective in treating acne but also help to bring about a positive shift in the way we look at ourselves. In this way, the mental and emotional patterns which precede the physical manifestation are healed.
One of the most common flower remedies for skin eruptions is Crabapple. It aids in cleansing and detoxification but more importantly, deals with the mental pattern of self-hatred. Persons requiring this remedy would typically be over-conscious about their appearance and complexion, wanting to get rid of what they deem to be undesirable.
In combination with Crabapple, which works more on the emotional side, Biochemic tissue salts such as Calcarea Sulph 6x, Natrum Mur 6x and Natrum Sulph 6x will help to clear up the skin.
Mariya Mustan completed her Postgraduate Diploma in Homeopathic Medicines from the Pioneer Homeopathy School, Singapore and the British Institute of Homeopathy International. Prior to that, she studied Psychology at the Singapore Management University. Her special interest is the metaphysical approach to diseases. She also practices Reiki energy healing and finds that Reiki works beautifully with homeopathy. Visit Mariya at http://www.naturaltherapiesforlife.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment